Keystone Spa Tips: 10 Foods To Eat for Healthier Hair
Treat yourself at the NEW Salon at the Keystone Spa. To celebrate the grand opening of the salon, we will be offering promotions on haircuts, retail discounts, and incentives for future bookings. To look your very best, here are the top ten foods to eat for healthy hair, as suggested by our talented stylists. We look forward to seeing you at the new Salon at the Keystone Spa. Check out our fantastic deals.
Top Ten Foods to Eat for Healthy Hair
- Salmon- Packed with Vitamin D and protein, Omega-3 fatty acids that hair needs to keep fly-aways at bay
- Yellow Bell Peppers- Has five times more Vitamin C than oranges for antioxidants to strengthen hair shaft and follicles and prevent breakage
- Oysters- Loaded with zinc (493% of your daily value) which will prevent hair loss and poor scalp conditions
- Eggs- Contains omega-3s in the yolks, not the egg whites which can actually block the absorption of biotin into the body
- Sunflower Seeds-Full of Vitamin E which will enhance blood flow to the scalp and promote faster hair growth.
- Sweet Potatoes- Has beta carotene, the precursor for Vitamin A which promotes hair growth
- Avocados- Full of fatty acids naturally found in skin cells, stimulate collagen and elastin production
- Almonds- Makes hair grow faster and thicker from high biotin content (1 cup contains 1/3 of daily requirement); Some nuts even protect your hair from harmful UV rays such as walnuts.
- Dark Green Leafy Vegetables- Such as broccoli, kale, spinach help to feed the hair follicle and root iron to reduce shedding and enable hair to grow faster and longer. This also helps skin breakouts due to hormonal fluctuations.
- Shitake Mushrooms- top source of copper, which may help retain the hair’s natural color and lower premature graying