Autumn is a beautiful time of the year here in the Colorado Rocky Mountains. The aspens shine bright amongst a sea of yellow, red, and green, the air is cool and crisp, and dreams of winter don’t seem so distant. Here are five fantastic ways to make the most of this lovely season at Keystone!
- FALL FOLIAGE- Come to Keystone to find spectacular fall colors and changing leaves. From bright yellows to
vibrant reds, you and your family will not be disappointed. Aspens start turning in late August at higher elevations, but the peak of the gold rush in our mountains is usually in late September. While you’re out there leaf viewing, be sure to keep an eye out for the wildlife that roam around these parts!
- LAST WEEKEND FOR KEYSTONE BIKE PARK- The Keystone Bike Park has provided yet another incredible season of high quality and unique trails for all levels of riders. Come on up for some end-of-season downhill thrills and get your last runs in by next
weekend September 17th before the season ends.
- LAKE DILLON- Whether you’re taking a walk or bike ride around the lake or getting that last fishing trip in, spend an afternoon by the shores of Lake Dillon. The calming presence of water plus the colorful mountain views set the scene for a perfect autumn escape.
- HIKING- As the leaves change and the weather cools there is no better time than fall for a beautiful outdoor adventure. Explore hiking trails in and around Keystone while soaking in magnificent views!
- EVENTS- Restaurants in Keystone will be celebrating Feature Restaurant Spotlight at River Run with local music and food specials you won’t want to miss! Restaurants feature culinary specials, wine pairings, and savory dishes for lunches & dinners for ten delicious days from September 9th through 18th. The weekend of October 21st through 22nd is Keystone’s Wine in the Pines event. Enjoy five courses expertly prepared by Keystone Ranch’s Chef, Steve Vlass, to complement select wine pairings at the Winemaker’s Dinner on Friday October 21st at the Keystone Ranch. Then don’t miss Saturday night’s elegant tasting, featuring live musical entertainment, silent and live auctions, and more at the International Wine and Gourmet Food Tasting event at the Conference Center.
Come experience the beauty and tranquility Keystone has to offer in the fall. The weather is cool and the summer crowds have thinned. The fall foliage makes our majestic mountain views all the more breathtaking, and it’s a nice escape before the exciting winter season hits.