Top 5 Things To Eat, See, and Hear at the Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival
- Drink Bacon. That’s right. Add a side of bacon plus some celery, olives, lemon, lime and maybe some more bacon and you’ve created the best, most yummy Bloody Mary. In fact, Keystone is boasting the largest Bloody Mary bar in all of Colorado at the Blue Ribbon Bacon Tour.
- Sweet Bacon. If you love bacon, imagine it with chocolate. Can you say yum and yum? Make sure to sample some of the sweeter bacon bites at the festival like bacon s’mores, bacon ice cream, donuts sprinkled with bacon and chocolate-covered bacon.
- Get a PhD in Bacon.If you’re a true bacon connoisseur, the Bacon Education Center is the place where you can immerse yourself in all things bacon. Smell, eat and learn about the sizzling, tasty meat. You can get even get a diploma from Bacon U! – the only “college” of its kind, providing instruction in bacon fellowship, bacon preparation, bacon processing and the bacon arts. Plus, it’s free.
- Bacon straight up.If you love bacon, then you’re in luck. Sample bacon, bacon and more bacon strips all day long for two straight days. It’s a bacon festival. The best way to celebrate is to eat …well, you guessed it, bacon. Attending bacon companies include Farmland, Lucky’s Market, Berkwood Farms and Des Moines Bacon Company. Tasting tickets are $4. Packages range from $20-55.
- Hell’s Belles and other free music. Hell’s Belles returns for their 5th appearance at the Blue Ribbon Bacon Tour. Rock on to the all-girls AC/DC tribute band. Don’t miss the other free shows from Gipsy Moon, Rob Drabkin, Josh Blackburn , Arthur Lee Land, and Zoso – a Led Zeppelin experience.
Purchase your Festival Tickets or Bacon Bucks and receive exclusive benefits for Keystone’s 5th Annual Blue Ribbon Bacon Tour. Maximize your bacon intake and stay the night! Save up to 50% on lodging for the Blue Ribbon Bacon Tour.
By Maja Russer