How to Change Your Life and Live in a Ski Town
When you move to a ski town there is nothing more important than getting a ski pass, finding a place to live and finding a job. Thankfully, one of the biggest employers of any ski town are the surrounding ski resorts which can set you up with the three most important things to live here.
Keystone and Breckenridge Ski Resorts are hosting a hiring event tomorrow, November 13, to find exceptional people to work in various positions on the mountain, in ski school, hospitality, retail, food and beverage and many more positions.
Why Should You Work For Keystone Resort?
1. The Epic Pass
As a Vail Resorts and Keystone employee, you get way more than a paycheck. All Keystone Resort employees receive an Epic Pass. The Epic Pass gives you unlimited skiing at 12 ski resorts across five states as well as access to ski days in Japan, Switzerland and France. Not only does working for Vail Resorts save you $769 for the cost of an Epic Pass but working at a ski resort pretty much guarantees that you’ll have ski buddies for all those days on the mountain.
2. Possible Housing
This time of year, finding housing is tough no matter how low your standards have become. Luckily, Keystone offers affordable employee housing near the ski area that comes completely furnished. The only way to get employee housing? Become a Keystone Employee. Employee Housing is limited so ask for it as early as possible and often.
3. A Paycheck for working in paradise
Unless you are independently wealthy you are going to need a job so why not get one surrounded by breathtaking mountain views, countless ski days and great co-workers with the same outdoor passions as you. At tomorrow’s job fair bring up your skills, experience and passion to find a work environment that’s a perfect fit for you.
While the top three reasons are arguably the most important reason to work for Keystone, they certainly aren’t the only ones
Some of the additional perks and benefits available to Keystone Resort employees include:
- Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount ski coupons for extended family and friends
- Free Ski lessons
- Discounted lodging starting at $85/night
- Employee rates for Colorado Mountain Express transportation
- Discounted bike haul
- Discounted golf
- Discounted tickets for sporting events
- Food and beverage discounts at mountain dining
- Free wellness screenings
- Health club discounts
- Retail discounts at Vail Resorts Retail stores
- Starbucks discounts
Benefits (for eligible employees)
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching contributions
- Life insurance, a short-term disability program and long-term disability
- Paid time off and sick pay
- Employee assistance program
- Direct Deposit