Terrain updates for #KeystoneKickoff
*As an important reminder, all terrain information and plans are subject to change, and terrain status is evolving daily.
EARLY SEASON AND UPHILL ACCESS GUIDELINES
Please be reminded that limited terrain and early season conditions exist. Keystone Resort requires all skiers and riders to observe all posted signs and warnings. Closed trails may contain hazards due to limited natural snow coverage and snowmaking operations. For the safety of all guests, please keep off closed trails and out of closed areas. Uphill access at Keystone is currently not permitted due to early season mountain preparations and snowmaking. Once early season operations are complete and the resort has adequate terrain to safely permit these activities, the resort will announce when uphill access is open to guests.
Nov 14, 2019
Spice up your Saturday! Head to Keystone Saturday, Nov 16 for your chance to win a GoPro HERO 7 and you might even be featured in Keystone content on our social channels.
Here’s how to do it:
- Download the Cinebody app on your cell phone.
- Search for the #KeystoneKickoff project using the keyword “KEY”.
- Upload one video to each of the following categories: events, makin’ memories, and skiing & riding. This means three videos total!
- Events: show off how you and your friends are enjoying one of the Keystone Kickoff events or activations – $5 Summit House Pancakes, bags tournament at Labonte’s, or the concert in River Run Plaza.
- Skiing & riding: you know this one! Show off those skills.
- Makin’ memories: get creative. Show us how you’re making memories at Keystone this season.
- Guests can submit footage from any day they’ve visited Keystone this season, since Oct 12, 2019.
- Must be present at concert at 2:30PM in River Run Plaza to win.
Nov 13, 2019
Mountain House base area and Peru Express chair will open for the season on Saturday, Nov 16.
- This will provide beginner access from top-to-bottom via Schoolmarm.
Nov 8, 2019
Keystone Ski & Ride School is now open for all lessons and all levels for the season!
- Jaybird and Dercum’s Dash will open Saturday, Nov 9 offering intermediate access to River Run base area.
- Anticipation will open on the backside of North Peak.
Nov 4, 2019
Summit Express and Ranger lifts will be open only on Saturdays and Sundays until further notice.
Nov 1, 2019
- Keystone is now open top-to-bottom for skiing and riding.
- Skiers and riders will have advanced-level access to the base of River Run Village; beginners will still need to download.
- Keystone has received 10 inches of natural snowfall in the last week, and 44 inches in October, our snowiest October ever recorded!
- Starting Friday, Keystone will be offering more than 140 acres of terrain across two peaks, the most open terrain in Summit County.
- Guests will be able to access terrain on North Peak via the Outpost Gondola and Santiago Express Lift, and can return to Dercum Mountain via the Outpost Gondola and Ruby Express Lift.
- Now is the last chance to purchase an Epic Pass, which offers the best multi-resort season pass in the ski industry, at the best value.
Oct 30, 2019
It’s official! With 44” of snow, this is our snowiest October on record at Keystone!
We surpassed our October 2006 record of 43″ of snow. Thanks to these ideal early season conditions, more terrain is on the way.
- Top-to-bottom skiing out of River Run Village will begin Friday, Nov 1.
- Advanced access top-to-bottom will be available via The Edge, Zuma East, and River Run
- Additional terrain openings will include Silvermaster, Spring Dipper, and Lower Paymaster.
- Spring Dipper will open with an array of small and medium terrain park features
- This brings our terrain to over 120 skiable acres!
Oct 25, 2019
Prospector opened on North Peak. It was an incredible October day!
Oct 24, 2019
One more day until North Peak is ready to play. Here’s a sneak peek at Prospector in the distance, set to open tomorrow.
Oct 23, 2019
- Kokomo carpet is open for the season with access to Endeavor ski trail for beginner skiing and riding.
- Ski & Ride School is now offering beginner lessons on this trail.
North Peak will open on Friday, Oct 25.
- This additional 40 acres of terrain nearly doubles our current total skiable acreage.
- The terrain includes an expanded learning area next to the Kokomo carpet and access to intermediate rated terrain on North Peak via Prospector and Mozart flats.
- Guests will be able to access terrain on North Peak via the Outpost Gondola and Santiago Express Lift. Guests can return to Dercum Mountain via the Outpost Gondola and Ruby Express Lift.
- With the opening of the North Peak, Labonte’s Smokehouse BBQ will also open on Friday serving up house smoked meats and barbeque to hungry skiers and riders.
Oct 18, 2019
With over 2 miles and 40+ acres of open terrain on Schoolmarm, Keystone Kickoff is off to an incredible start.
- Kokomo carpet will open this weekend to offer beginner terrain for skiing and riding in the early season.
Oct 12 2019
Keystone begins our winter with our earliest opening in over 20 years and received 6 inches of snow since Oct 1.