Terrain updates for 2019-20
*As an important reminder, all terrain information and plans are subject to change, and terrain status is evolving daily.
January 20, 20202
Last Hoot, Bobtail, and H&H Mine opened today. This brings our total open acreage to 3,011!
January 2, 2020
Happy New Year! Cheers to 2020 being filled with plenty of powder days and play.
- We’ve received 11 inches of fresh snow in the last week.
- We are now 92% open and offering skiing and riding on nearly 3,000 acres of terrain
- Ballhooter will open on Saturday, Jan 4
December 27, 2019
Uphill access is open for the 2019 – 2020 season!
Call the uphill access hotline 970-496-4033 before planning to access the mountain.
Keystone Ski Patrol recommends that skiers and snowboarders call in advance to check on current conditions and safety precautions. At all times, Keystone Ski Patrol urges the public to adhere to all closure signage and instructions by Keystone Ski Patrol. Violations are enforced by Keystone Ski Patrol and Keystone Emergency Services.
Snowshoeing, Skiing, Mountain Biking or Hiking Uphill (when lifts are closed)
People traveling uphill are bound by the Skier Responsibility Code and the Colorado Ski Safety Act. You must not impede or obstruct ski area operations at any time. Using a ski area for any purpose can be hazardous and you assume all risks. When engaged in any of these activities you should:
- Access from River Run Base Area is via Ina’s Way only
- Stay off of all posted CLOSED trails
- Abide by all posted signs, including all closed signs
- Stay toward the middle of trail going uphill and downhill
- It is your responsibility to make yourself visible to approaching snowmobiles or snow cats (especially when it is dark or twilight)
- Wear reflective clothing; it helps make you more visible
- Wear a headlamp or carry a flashlight (when it is dark or twilight)
- Call 970-496-4033 for uphill access information and visit the Terrain and Lift Status page for individual trail status information.
- Snow cat winch operations may be in progress. Signs will placed at the top, bottom & at all entrances to any trail with an active winch cat. Please stay clear and avoid these areas altogether
- No dogs, other than service animals, are allowed on the slopes at any time
- No travel on Hiking Access terrain before operating hours.
When ski area lifts are open to the public – uphill access is prohibited.
Uphill access, skiers, snowboarders and guests should plan to be heading down the trails so they are off the trails when the chairlifts / gondolas open to the public (i.e., start down by 8:30 a.m. and be off the trails when the chairlifts open to the public at 9 a.m., start down by 8:00 a.m. and be off the trails when the chairlifts open to the public at 8:30 a.m., etc.). Early morning uphill access guests may park in the River Run Gondola Lot (formerly Montezuma) for free. At Mountain House, early morning uphill access guests may park at the Porcupine Lot for free (until paid parking starts in the AM). Other restrictions may exist from time to time.
December 26, 2019
- Wild Irishman and Crosscut open
- Jackwhacker, Diamondback, and Lost Mine opened for the season on Wednesday, Dec 25
December 21, 2019
New terrain officially open today!
- Dercum Mountain: Jaybird, Modest Girl, go Devil (upper and lower), Richter, Packsaddle Bowl, Easy Street terrain park
- Hike-to terrain: Independence Bowl
December 18, 2019
- This past weekend storm brought nearly 2 feet of snow!
- North and South bowl are set to open for the season on Thursday, Dec 19 (weather and condition permitting) – adding 9 trails in total.
- Spillway on North Peak is also set to open on Thursday, Dec 19.
- These openings will bring our totals up to 2460+ acres of open terrain and 86 open trails.
December 13, 2019
- More snow is on the way for the weekend, which means more terrain is opening!
- Dercum Mountain: Frenchman, Ida Belle, Gassy Thompson
- North Peak: Starfire, Ambush, Powder Cap, Bullet, Bullet Glades, Cat Dancer, Cat South Glades, Geronimo
- Outback: Lower South Bowl (below the saddle gate), Wolverine, Wildfire, Pika Glades, Wildcat, Oh Bob, Lodge Pole
- This brings our open terrain to over 1,100+ acres and 63 trails!
December 12, 2019
- Keystone has received 15 inches of snow in the last week with more on the way.
- Mozart, Frenchman and Starfire will open tomorrow, bringing Keystone’s skiable terrain up to more than 750 acres.
- The Lakeside Village Ice Rink is now open! The hours of operation are 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Kidtopia Holiday Spectacular is in full swing until Dec. 31!
- The Snow Fort opens Saturday, Dec 14 at 11 am and is FREE to kids of all ages with mountain access.
- Kidtopia Mountaintop Spectacular is Saturday, Dec 21. After the Ripperoo Parade, head up the gondola for the lighting of the Snow Fort at 4:30 pm. Then celebrate with entertainers, take fireside photos with Santa and enjoy $16 pizzas at Summit House. Mountaintop fireworks at 6 pm. and 7 pm.
December 10, 2019
- Bachelor and Santa Fe on Dercum will open Wednesday, Dec 11
- Ambush, Powder Cap, and Bullet on North Peak will close temporarily on Dec 11 to allow for snowmaking on Starfire
December 5, 2019
New terrain and loads of fun coming this weekend. Keystone has received 8″ of snow this week and skiers and rider have access to more than 400 acres of terrain across three peaks.
- Last Alamo and Flying Dutchman opened today
- I70 terrain park opens tomorrow Friday, Dec 6
- Haywood, Ambush, Powder Cap, and Bullet will all open this weekend
- Dercum Square Ice Rink in River Run Village is open for the season from 1-8pm daily.
Nov 27, 2019
A few big terrain updates as we prepare for Turkey Day!
- Bighorn and Porcupine on the Outback opened today.
- Tonight is the first night or night skiing and riding. Check out the schedule here.
- Discovery learning area at the base of Mountain House will open on Saturday, Nov 30.
- A51 terrain park will open on Saturday, Nov 30!
Nov 25, 2019
Bergman Bowl is now open for hike-to terrain!
Nov 21, 2019
We’re expanding to The Outback this Saturday, Nov 23! Ski and ride across all three peaks at Keystone – in NOVEMBER!
- Over 250 acres of skiing and riding
- New terrain includes Ina’s Way on Dercum Mountain and Elk Run on The Outback
- Outback Express lift opens for the season on Saturday, Nov 23
- Night ski/ride operations will being Wednesday, Nov 27 with access via River Run Gondola and Peru Express lift.
- Kidtopia’s free daily programming begins Nov 23, including Saturday night fireworks
- Snowtubing at Adventure Point begins Saturday, Nov 23
Nov 14, 2019
Spice up your Saturday! Head to Keystone Saturday, Nov 16 for your chance to win a GoPro HERO 7 and you might even be featured in Keystone content on our social channels.
Here’s how to do it:
- Download the Cinebody app on your cell phone.
- Search for the #KeystoneKickoff project using the keyword “KEY”.
- Upload one video to each of the following categories: events, makin’ memories, and skiing & riding. This means three videos total!
- Events: show off how you and your friends are enjoying one of the Keystone Kickoff events or activations – $5 Summit House Pancakes, bags tournament at Labonte’s, or the concert in River Run Plaza.
- Skiing & riding: you know this one! Show off those skills.
- Makin’ memories: get creative. Show us how you’re making memories at Keystone this season.
- Guests can submit footage from any day they’ve visited Keystone this season, since Oct 12, 2019.
- Must be present at concert at 2:30PM in River Run Plaza to win.
Nov 13, 2019
Mountain House base area and Peru Express chair will open for the season on Saturday, Nov 16.
- This will provide beginner access from top-to-bottom via Schoolmarm.
Nov 8, 2019
Keystone Ski & Ride School is now open for all lessons and all levels for the season!
- Jaybird and Dercum’s Dash will open Saturday, Nov 9 offering intermediate access to River Run base area.
- Anticipation will open on the backside of North Peak.
Nov 4, 2019
Summit Express and Ranger lifts will be open only on Saturdays and Sundays until further notice.
Nov 1, 2019
- Keystone is now open top-to-bottom for skiing and riding.
- Skiers and riders will have advanced-level access to the base of River Run Village; beginners will still need to download.
- Keystone has received 10 inches of natural snowfall in the last week, and 44 inches in October, our snowiest October ever recorded!
- Starting Friday, Keystone will be offering more than 140 acres of terrain across two peaks, the most open terrain in Summit County.
- Guests will be able to access terrain on North Peak via the Outpost Gondola and Santiago Express Lift, and can return to Dercum Mountain via the Outpost Gondola and Ruby Express Lift.
- Now is the last chance to purchase an Epic Pass, which offers the best multi-resort season pass in the ski industry, at the best value.
Oct 30, 2019
It’s official! With 44” of snow, this is our snowiest October on record at Keystone!
We surpassed our October 2006 record of 43″ of snow. Thanks to these ideal early season conditions, more terrain is on the way.
- Top-to-bottom skiing out of River Run Village will begin Friday, Nov 1.
- Advanced access top-to-bottom will be available via The Edge, Zuma East, and River Run
- Additional terrain openings will include Silvermaster, Spring Dipper, and Lower Paymaster.
- Spring Dipper will open with an array of small and medium terrain park features
- This brings our terrain to over 120 skiable acres!
Oct 25, 2019
Prospector opened on North Peak. It was an incredible October day!
Oct 24, 2019
One more day until North Peak is ready to play. Here’s a sneak peek at Prospector in the distance, set to open tomorrow.
Oct 23, 2019
- Kokomo carpet is open for the season with access to Endeavor ski trail for beginner skiing and riding.
- Ski & Ride School is now offering beginner lessons on this trail.
North Peak will open on Friday, Oct 25.
- This additional 40 acres of terrain nearly doubles our current total skiable acreage.
- The terrain includes an expanded learning area next to the Kokomo carpet and access to intermediate rated terrain on North Peak via Prospector and Mozart flats.
- Guests will be able to access terrain on North Peak via the Outpost Gondola and Santiago Express Lift. Guests can return to Dercum Mountain via the Outpost Gondola and Ruby Express Lift.
- With the opening of the North Peak, Labonte’s Smokehouse BBQ will also open on Friday serving up house smoked meats and barbeque to hungry skiers and riders.
Oct 18, 2019
With over 2 miles and 40+ acres of open terrain on Schoolmarm, Keystone Kickoff is off to an incredible start.
- Kokomo carpet will open this weekend to offer beginner terrain for skiing and riding in the early season.
Oct 12 2019
Keystone begins our winter with our earliest opening in over 20 years and received 6 inches of snow since Oct 1.