Whether you’re coming to Keystone for the epic winters or for the beautiful summers, our green travel guide will help you have a great vacation and protect the local environment at the same time. Eco-friendly travel not only reduces human impact on the environment, but it also ensures responsible travel practices. Here are five ways to green your vacation at Keystone Resort.
- Bring your re-usables! Did you know that enough plastic is thrown away to circle the earth 4 times? When you bring your own water bottles, reusable bags, and toiletries you not only help reduce plastic and waste consumption but also help prevent plastic bags and bottles from entering landfills where it can take hundreds of years for them to break down.
- Opt out of daily housekeeping with fresh sheets and towels to save on energy and water use. By skipping just one day of room cleaning you can help save enough energy to power a laptop for ten years and save 35 gallons of water a day.
- Recycle! Did you know that recycling just one aluminum can helps save enough electricity to power a TV for three hours? We proudly offer free recycling for Keystone Property guests and visitors. By reducing, reusing, and recycling materials, we cut back on the need to extract more raw materials. We hope you’ll embrace the 3 R’s as much as Keystone does!
- Use public transportation. Green or eco-friendly travel does not have to be hard travel. In fact, there are many free resources to help reduce your carbon footprint. Colorado Mountain Express is a great way to get to and from the airport or to our other three Colorado resort locations. Once you’re here, hop on one of the free Keystone Transportation buses or the county bus, Summit Stage. Keystone Transportation offers a convenient schedule that will take you to and from your lodging locations to the skiing base areas, conference center, and local restaurants. The Keystone shuttle offers a convenient schedule that will pick you up and drop you off almost anywhere in Keystone Resort. Shuttles pick up approximately every twenty minutes, and ride times average about 10 – 15 minutes. For airport shuttle needs, contact Colorado Mountain Express at 970-754-7433 or visit their website at coloradomountainexpress.com The Summit Stage services greater Summit County. The Summit Stage picks up at Keystone Resort frequently to take you into Dillon, Silverthorne, Frisco, Breckenridge, and up to Arapahoe Basin. See their schedule at Summit Stage Schedule.
- Don’t feed wildlife. Feeding local wildlife can habituate animals and have them become more reliant on humans. This can lead to attacks on humans and sometimes death for the animal.
At Keystone Resort, our business is to provide experiences of a lifetime in the great outdoors. We take special responsibility in helping to conserve the natural environments and communities that surround our resort. Join us in our eco-friendly initiatives and make your stay a green one. For more information on Vail Resort’s EpicPromise, please visit EpicPromise.com.