Preseason Winter Bucket List
We’re making this year the best season ever, and you can too by following these 10 tips. Be sure to check out these preseason must do’s, and we’ll see you November 4, 2015 for the start of another amazing season at Keystone!
- Oktoberfest (Sept. 3rd): Before packing away your summer gear, dig out the lederhosen and bring out the family for Keystone’s 3rd Oktoberfest in River Run Village on Saturday, September 3rd. Free concerts, food booths, kids’ activities and beer flowing from 1pm – 6pm.Come sample beers from different Colorado Breweries, and a commemorative Keystone stein $35 and get 3 beers with the stein purchase and $5 refills.
- Buy your Pass: If you are planning on skiing or riding just 3 days or more this season buying a season pass is the way to go. The Keystone Abasin Season Pass is only $309 and includes unlimited skiing and riding at Keystone and Abasin with only a handful of blackout dates at Keystone. Looking to add a few mountains? Visit the season pass page to find the right pass for you.
- Book Buy Sept 23 Winter Lodging: With fewer than 100 days until Keystone Resort’s Season Opening, it is time to start dreaming of powder days, blue bird skies and corduroy groomers. Plan your winter 2016-17 vacation now and save up to 40% off lodging. Plus, Kids 12 and under Ski FREE with any two or more night stay.
- Workout: Start training now to make some of your first days on the mountain some of your best. Nothing is worse than having to cut your day short or skip that mogul run your buddies are on because your hamstrings, quads or glutes can’t stomach one more turn. Feel free to check out the assortment of fitness and yoga classes offered at Studio K. Mountain Top Yoga takes place every Saturday, providing an hour long class to help you feel refreshed and rejuvenated while experiencing magnificent views of the Ten Mile & Gore Range.
- Golf: Make Summer ’16 the time to get your game face on with weekly clinics. Play alternates between Keystone Ranch & The River Course. With rates starting from $55, Season Passes and Stay and Play packages, we have all the best options to experience two truly world class golf courses in the Colorado Rocky Mountains. Call 970-496-1488 or email email@example.com to book your golf event or purchase a gift card today.
- Mountain Bike/Bike Academy/Women Wednesdays: Get a few more good runs in for the season at Keystone’s Bike Park. Women’s Wednesday Mountain Bike Clinics. For $35 you can get a lift ticket, bike, helmet and protective gear rental from 3:30 – 5 p.m. at Keystone Sports.
- Stables: Meet at the Keystone Adventure Center in River Run Village and take a 15 minute shuttle to the back ranch property and board hay free horse drawn wagons. Enjoy a 30 minute ride in a hay-free wagon through a remote valley to a historic ranch homestead while your wrangler explains the history of the area and introduces you to the horses. Dinner is served outside, except during rain or snow storms when it is served under our tents. This activity goes out regardless of weather. Dinner is served buffet-style: garden salad, grilled BBQ chicken, pork smoked ribs, corn on the cob, Durango beans, corn bread muffins and apple pie a la mode. Vegetarian option is Boco Burgers instead of chicken or ribs. All non-alcoholic beverages are included in the price. Liquor, beer and wine available for an additional fee. Enjoy live music from a guitar player while you dine. Included are horse shoes, cattle roping and a fire pit (unless there is an open fire ban for the area) A Unique Keystone Resort dining experience!
- Fall guided hikes: Explore a variety of Keystone hiking trails and learn more about Keystone’s history, wildflowers and wildlife while experiencing magnificent views!
- Check Gear/Replacement: Gear Check & Replacement – Take a trip down memory lane, your garage, storage unit or wherever you store your off-season gear. Figure out what’s not going to hold up for one more season and what’s on your new gear wish list. Fall is the perfect time to reassess your gear because the ski and snowboard shops are having sales to clear out the remainder of last season’s styles.
- Shoot for the moon – This is your year. It’s the perfect time to dream big as you set your ski and ride goals. The season hasn’t even started yet so nearly anything is possible. Beat your personal record for days on the mountain, try KAT Skiing, learn the Outback like the back of your hand, plan that epic trip for you and your buddies, or organize a family get-together that they will never forget.