Travel tip: Snag Keystone’s sweetest digs in advance
From Keystone’s best waterslide to the easiest ski access, the perks at our guests’ favorite vacation rentals make them sure to sell out at every holiday, spring break and President’s weekend. After all, who wouldn’t want to ski back “home” to complimentary Christmas cocoa by the fire? (It’s a perk of both Lone Eagle and The Timbers.) Keep reading and plan waaaaaaay in advance to score Keystone’s best vacation rentals for your next big trip to the mountains.
The hardest part of staying at The Springs is passing the outdoor heated pool and waterslide on your super short walk to the gondola – and convincing the kids that they can swim later. But, it’s easy to leave the hot tubs behind once you’re on your way up to 11,640 feet via the River Run Gondola. At the top, the Kidtopia Snow Fort (the world’s largest) awaits with some of the fastest and funnest slides around. And of course, you’re in the perfect spot to explore Keystone’s three peaks and 3,128 acres.
- Why it sells out early: Easy walking distance to the gondola, plus incredible family amenities including heated pool with waterslide, zero entry wading pool and theater room
- Choose from: studios to 3-bedroom condos, both standard and premier options
- Pro tip for the earliest birds: Opt for the premier units in this building, it’s worth the extra cost for the best furnishings and appliances!
Blackbear & Jackpine
Looking for all the resort’s happenings right outside your door? Stay no further than right in the heart of River Run Village! The convenient location of Blackbear and Jackpine make these recently renovated buildings a great home base. Luxury amenities are available for guests staying here, including: heated underground parking garage, access to on-site fitness center, steam room, sauna, updated hot tubs with towel warmers, outdoor seating areas with fire pits and commercial grills and an indoor lounge area with large, flat-screen TV’s.
- Why it sells out early: Lift access proximity and luxury amenities
- Choose from: 1-3 bedroom condos, both standard and premier options
- Pro tip for the earliest birds: As two of the closest buildings to the River Run Gondola and Summit Express lifts, this is the perfect spot for those looking for an early, easy start to their ski day
Red Hawk Townhomes
These upscale, spacious townhomes are a popular choice for those looking to be close to the hustle and bustle of River Run Village, without being too close. You are just a short walk away from River Run Village, River Run Gondola and Summit Express lifts, accessible via a maintained, paved pathway. Looking to ease achy muscles after a day exploring our mountain playground? Red Hawk Townhomes has a fantastic outdoor heated pool and two hot tubs located next door at Red Hawk Lodge for some post-ski day relaxation.
- Why it sells out early: The perfect balance of seclusion and distance from River Run Village
- Choose from: 2-4 bedroom townhomes, both standard and premier options
- Pro tip for the earliest birds: Request a townhome right next to the pathway, to make Village comings and goings even easier.
River Run Townhomes
It’s easy to see why the brand-new River Run Townhomes have gotten so popular so quickly: there’s no better place to gather with family and friends than in these beautiful, open living rooms.
The best way to celebrate a day on the slopes involves kicking up your feet (glass of wine, perhaps?) and working with a private chef to craft the most memorable meal of your ski trip. Dinner can be as refined or casual as you like, and it’s a hassle-free way to make the most of your home away from home. When you do need some space, a secondary living area – or the nearby restaurants of River Run – offers an easy retreat.
- Why it sells out early: Massive (and stylish) kitchen/living areas for hosting picture-perfect family gatherings, and it’s located across the street from River Run restaurants and shopping
- Choose from: 3-4 bedroom luxury townhomes
- Pro tip for the earliest birds: Call reservations to request a specific unit or bedding – unit details can be found under the READ MORE section on the website. Have kiddos in tow? Book close to the bus stop — the green route drops you right by the Peru lift and makes for the easiest mountain access.
Lone Eagle & The Timbers
Won’t it feel good to warm your boots by the fireplace during lunch? Whether you’re taking a long break or stopping for a quick snack, Lone Eagle and The Timbers are a convenient (and comfortable) home base for any adventure. As Keystone’s only ski in/out options, these coveted properties each offer up an incredible heated patio that’s perfect for soaking in the hot tub, kicking back with friends or just lounging with a book. Share stories from the day over complimentary coffee, and when it’s time to go out for the evening, River Run shops and restaurants are a short walk across the Snake River Bridge.
- Why it sells out early: Easiest slope and lift access in all of Keystone, fine interior furnishings and slopeside heated pools
- Choose from: 1-4 bedroom high-end vacation rentals
- Pro tip for the earliest birds: Call to make your reservation and request Lone Eagle for the easiest lift access, or snag a Timbers unit for the sweetest pool setup
Looking for more options? Explore private homes and other unique residences, or browse vacation deals for Keystone’s best rates. Remember, Play for Free amenities — free golf or night skiing on night of arrival, free yoga and so much more — are only available when booking with Keystone Resort.